`Envi Minks and Brows
We Specialize in Ombre, Shadow, Powder, Nano, and Combo Brows.
Microshading is a two-session procedure. Some makeup technicians combine the initial consultation with the first session.
To prepare for a microshading procedure, you should avoid the following:
- alcohol, caffeine, ibuprofen, and fish oil 24 hours before the procedure to prevent bruising and bleeding
- waxing or plucking eyebrows 1 week before the procedure
- facials at least 2 weeks before treatment
- sunbathing and tanning beds on the day of the procedure
- retinol or vitamin A products 1 month before the procedure
The initial session
Your makeup technician begins the session by measuring your face and deciding the ideal brow shape. Feel free to bring in photos of a desired look.
Once you agree on a shape, your technician will:
- draw out the shape on both eyebrows
- remove excess hair
- determine the right pigment color for your brows
The first session is the longest and takes about 2 hours.
After the procedure, your eyebrows will appear darker for up to 5 days. The brow color will gradually lighten as your eyebrows heal.
They’ll match the color of your natural brow after about 4 weeks.
The second session
You’ll return for your second session about 8 weeks later. This is the perfecting session.
At this appointment, your makeup technician “perfects” the design by increasing the thickness and tweaking brow shape, if necessary.
The second session is shorter and takes about 1 hour.
Post-session eyebrow care
Here are some post-session tips for your eyebrows:
- For the first week after treatment, gently clean your eyebrows daily with a damp cloth. Allow your brows to air dry, and then apply the moisturizing cream supplied by your makeup technician.
- Don’t sleep on your face for the first few days after the procedure.
- Avoid eye makeup, exercising, saunas, and baths for the first week to keep your eyebrows dry.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Don’t scratch or pick at your eyebrows.